MEC is hiring a full-time Communications Coordinator whose responsibilities will include:
- Communications Strategy Development: craft an effective, comprehensive communications strategy for both buildings and transportation programs, including but not limited to: website, newsletters, social media, blog posts, publications, presentations, reports, infographics, webinars, and other media applications.
- Content Development: Conduct research related to advanced transportation energy, efficiency technologies, green fleet management strategies, and buildings’ energy efficiency. Produce written, visual, and/or video content for various media.
- Content Management: Develop staff-supplied content into polished media, ensuring adherence to communications strategy. Provide content direction and constructive feedback as needed.
- Media Relations: Develop media releases and news clips to promote visibility, advertise events and/or highlight stakeholder successes.
- Outreach Tracking: Track and report outreach metrics using available technologies, such as Google Analytics.
- Teamwork: Collaborate, support and contribute positively to the work environment of a small, collegial non-profit organization.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Three or more years of post-college work experience
- Exceptional project management, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital/social media.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential. Eye for detail is a must.
- Self-motivated work ethic, as this position offers a high degree of creative autonomy.
- Comfort with public speaking in varied settings, ranging from working groups to conferences.
The following knowledge, skills and attributes will be considered positively in the evaluation of a job application:
- Experience living and working in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area.
- Understanding of technical and political background behind Kansas City’s responses to climate change or sustainability, including knowledge of policy implementation on a local level.
- Knowledge and experience related to advanced transportation technologies and strategies, including alternative fuel technologies, and/or building sciences, commercial real estate, construction, or energy efficiency in buildings.
- Advanced degree in relevant discipline.
SALARY: Salary is commensurate with experience.
TO APPLY: To submit an application for this position, email a resume and brief cover letter with “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line to email@example.com.
Position is open until filled. Interviews will start immediately.