- This event has passed.
Energy Action Day – Healthy Homes and Sustainable Rides
October 1, 2022 @ 10:00 am – 2:00 pm CDT
Join MEC for a fun-filled day where you can learn how to save money at home and on the road!
Join MEC at our Project Living Proof (PLP) demo home on Saturday, October 1, 10am – 2pm where we will be celebrating Energy Efficiency Month and National Drive Electric Week. See below for the list of activities that will be taking place at the event. We hope to see you there!
- • Electric vehicle showcase in the Anita B. Gorman Discovery Center parking lot (behind PLP)
- • Tours of PLP, a historic home that has been retrofitted with energy efficient systems to prove that energy efficient updates to older homes are possible and affordable
- • Koosharina, a local Egyptian food truck, will be present with meat and vegetarian fare
- • Lastly, but certainly not least, Ajia Morris with The Greenline Initiative will speak about Environmental Justice, what is happening in Kansas City, and how you can get involved at 11am in the Anita B. Gorman Discovery Center
WHAT: Energy Action Day with MEC: Healthy Homes and Sustainable Rides
WHEN: Saturday, October 1, 10am-2pm with speakers beginning at 11am
WHERE: Project Living Proof, 917 Emanuel Cleaver II Blvd., Kansas City, MO 64110
Additional activities and actions you can take at Energy Action Day:
- • Interact with electric vehicle (EV) experts about what’s available in Kansas City to drive electric. Take home a list of EV and plug-in hybrids that are available today.
- • Take away tax credit information from the Inflation Reduction Act to upgrade your home’s efficiency and health, or to purchase or lease an electric vehicle.
- • Sign up for an energy walk through of your home with Community Action Agency of Greater Kansas City.*
- • Speak to Kansas City MO’s Health Department about their Healthy Homes Rental Inspection Program and sign up for an assessment.*
- • Have fun with a dynamic insulation display and learn more about how air sealing adds comfort to your home with insulation expert Mike O’Connell.
- • Get help finding a contractor to improve your home or building’s efficiency attributes.
- • Tour our native plantings and water conservation measures. You can even take home a plant straight from the garden!
*Residents must qualify under respective requirements to participate in the program.
A warm thank you to our event sponsors, Bukaty Companies, RE-AMP Network, Plug In America, and Electrify America!
Meet Our Guest Speaker
Ajia Morris, Founder & CEO of The Greenline Initiative (she/her)
– Architect of urban economies
– Aggregator of social investment funds
– Focused on uplifting historically excluded communities
– 20 to Know in Commercial Real Estate
Metropolitan Energy Center