Powering the Present, Fueling the Future: MEC’s Gala is Virtual
June 18 - June 24 -
Free – $15
For an entire week, June 18-24, we’re showcasing encouraging, impactful ways that energy use and transportation are becoming “greener” in mid-America.
With a week-long online auction, daily video releases, and a live-streamed culminating event, wherever you are, this virtual shindig will leave you feeling energized to take action.
- Thursday, June 18 – Wednesday, June 24: The Auction is LIVE. Bidding is open for the online auction until 7PM June 24. New items include the perfect work-from-home desk set, a local honey basket, and more.
- Friday, June 19; 10:00 – 10:30 AM CT: Sami Aaron, founder of The Resilient Activist, will lead registered attendees through a live, guided meditation session.
- Wednesday, June 24; 6:00 – 7:00 PM CT: Lisa Rodriguez of KCUR will emcee the live-streamed event where attendees will hear from our keynote speaker, Linda Bluestein, DOE’s National Clean Cities Co-Director, and our region’s most impactful clean energy heroes.
- Master of Ceremonies: Lisa Rodriguez, KCUR
- Welcome: Statement from Sami Aaron, The Resilient Activist
- 1st Agent of Change Award Winner w/ Awardee Appearance
- Statement from Althea Moses, EPA Region 7 Environmental Justice Director
- 2nd Agent of Change award w/ Awardee Appearance
- Kim Winslow, statement from Evergy, Presenting Sponsor
- Keynote: Linda Bluestein, U.S. Dept of Energy
- Q & A w/ Linda
- 3rd Agent of Change Award Winner w/ Awardee Appearance
- Kelly Gilbert: What’s Next for MEC
Since the event is virtual this year, anyone, anywhere can participate! Don’t forget to share event information with friends and family so they can join the fun!
Registration is required to participate. There is no cost to participate in the online silent auction, but you must buy admission to join us for the meditation session (June 19) and live event (June 24). Visit the Tickets page to register.
We are no longer taking auction items. However, cash donations may also be contributed on the Donate page in lieu of silent auction items.
Visit our Gala Sponsorship page for more information. If you or your organization would like to become an event sponsor, please contact Emily Wolfe.