Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions that may be helpful during the compliance submission process
What if I qualify for an exemption?
You can submit your exemption requests using this online form.
A few notes:
- Please have your supporting documents ready to be attached with the exemption form.
- Please give 30 days for the review of the request.
- Exemptions are granted on an annual basis only.
- In most cases, evidence of the claim such as blueprints or permits should be submitted with the request.
What if I received a letter to benchmark but my building is under 50,000 sf?
If you feel that you have received a benchmarking compliance request in error, please reach out to Kansas City, Mo’s Office of Environmental Quality: Benchmarking@kcmo.org
What if I replaced someone that controlled my employer’s Portfolio Manager account and can’t access the account currently?
- Set up a new PM account then click on the ‘Contact Us’ link at bottom of this page.
- Subject – “Account Transfer”
- Description – Indicate the previous person is no longer with the company. Include their name and email if you have it and the building’s address.
- It can take 1-2 days for the ticket to be resolved and properties to be transferred to your profile.
What if we have an address that should comply but the city has no record of it?
If you have a new property that needs a city Building_ID please email Benchmarking@kcmo.org